carrot cake with cream cheese frosting 🥕
Hello you guys!!
After last week's travel post, I've been craving sweets all week long!!! That's why, to celebrate the fact that it's friday, that we made it to the end of the week, that snowstorms are jiggling outside and the fact that we totally deserve a sweet, we are making a CAKE! but not just any cake, we're making a carrot cake (my favorite) with "cream cheese" frosting! (also my favorite, the same from my cream cheese filled pumpkin muffins.)
don't be intimidated by the ingredients list!! the recipe is actually pretty simple and quick to do!
i made this recipe for friends and i can tell you that only by their faces, you would would go straight ahead to make the recipe!
the whole recipes are from Danielle Walker's Celebration cookbook (p. 102) you might notice that i adore this person. truly, she's a bubbly mom and her recipes are really tasty!
okkk so you'll be happy to make this cake so i hope you start assembling your ingredients and geting to work!
for the frosting:
- 8 onces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soft but not liquid coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- beat the goat cheese in a bowl with a fitted beater attachment for 1 minute. - add the honey, coconut and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. If you find it's still liquid, refrigerate for 20 minutes and mix.
for the cake:
-1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup cooked mashed potato (place a sweet potato picked with a fork all around in the microwave for 5 minutes)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder or tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 5 tbsp gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup peeled and shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- preheat the oven to 325F .grease two 6 by 3 inch ound pans with coconut oil and place a round piece of parchment paper on the bottom.
- melt the coco oil in the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- in a stand mixer fitted with a beater attachment, combine the sweet potato, arrowroot/tapioca/cornstarch, gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt and beat for 30 seconds.
- Pour the hot milk mixture in the bowl and add the vanilla and the maple syrup. Beat for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beatiing well after each addition. Stir in the carrots, shredded coconut, raisins and lemon juice. Divide the batter between the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 20 minutes so the frosting doesn't melt.
- spread the frosting on top of the first cake. then, add the second cake and frost once again. sprinkle with lavender.