dairy-free cream cheese filled pumpkin muffins 🎃
Hello you guys!
So i think i'm coming back to my usual posting schedule. i think. but i mean, are you guys sad that i publish more often? i don't think so.
anyways, it's friday which calls for a new recipe on the blog! this time, it's another fall-ish recipe that's going to make its entrance on my website. if you're all about fall moods, check out these recipes.
this post will be all about pumpkin muffins. but not any pumpkin muffin. a dairy-free cream cheese filled pumpkin muffin. how does that sound? i am personally the biggest cream cheese fan. the biggest. Ever since i tasted this alternative frosting made with delicious goat cheese, i began to crave it every day. well, maybe not every day, but you know, a lot.
this idea is great as a dessert, as a snack, as a breakfast, i mean, fall can be enjoyed anytime right? you'll be craving these beauties made with gluten-free oats, pumpkin puree and a few amazing spices. the muffin recipe originally comes from cookie+kate while the cream-cheese frosting comes from Danielle Walker's Celebration cookbook.
i know i got you drooling already, and your mobile or your computer must be pretty disgusting by now (ew, that is so weird clara why are you even talking about gross stuff like that) so i'm going to spare you that awkward moment by giving you the recipe straight ahead! have fun!
for the cream-cheese filling:
- 8 onces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soft but not liquid coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- beat the goat cheese in a bowl with a fitted beater attachment for 1 minute.
- add the honey, coconut and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. If you find it's still liquid, refrigerate for 20 minutes and mix.
meanwhile... make the muffins:
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all-spice blend
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats (plus more for sprinkling)
- preheat your oven to 325F and prepare a muffin pan with reusable silicone cups.
- in a bowl, whisk coconut oil and maple syrup together. add the eggs and beat once again. Mix in the pumpkin purée and milk, then the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and all-spice.
- finally, add the flour and oats to the bol and mix well with a large spoon.
- divide the batter in the muffin tins
- take out the cream cheese frosting from the fridge and mix well.
- with a fork, create a small hole in the muffins, and insert the frosting inside.
- mix making zig zags with your fork to create a marble effect.
- place in the oven for 22 minutes.
- cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!