EPIC festive layered chocolate cake!
ok, ok, ok,
YOU JUST AREN'T READY FOR THIS!!!
this is u.n.r.e.a.l ..... i mean you saw the picture, so you might as well be as in shock as me. Can we agree that this cake is the most legitimate Top Chef level amazingness cake? yes we can.
So, basically i made this cake like 3-4 weeks ago but i already had my posts ready so i had to wait. since i had shown the pic of the lord (i'm talking about the cake) my friends were dying to get the recipe on the blog. so today's the day.
I first saw this recipe in Chocolats Favoris' cookbook. Now you go ahhhhhh, cause the cake looked familiar to you. Doesn't it look like a gigantic Chocolats Favoris ice cream cone "éclaté"? well, that's where it comes from. And so i was so worked out about making this recipe. every time we would go out to someone's house or would receive people, i would say; ok can i do the cake?
and then, finally i had the opportunity.
actually, my mom was kind of the one being unsure about this cake since we didn't really see the logic about the cake standing on a layer of small pushes of frosting. even more because we would be makig it using gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients, you know? that's probably what you said too eh? well, just to let you know, i have absolutely no idea how this cake managed to look amazing, cause i wasn't sure as well. the cake looks really difficult to make, but actually, it's really easy! just follow the steps and when it comes to the montage, having someone to help you can be helpful. And before you know it, you'll have done the trick! make the cake, and talk to about to me afterwards. just make the cake. you know you want it. you really do.
for the frosting:
- 2 cups dark chocolate chipits
- 4 cups Belsoy dairy free cream or 35% cream
- place chocolate in a bowl. boil 1 1/2 cup cream and pour on the chocolate. cool for 1 minute and then mix.
- cool for 10 minutes before adding the rest of the cold cream. when that's done, mix.
- refrigerate the time to make the cakes.
make the cakes!
- 1 cup dark chocolate chipits
- 1 3/4 cups organic coconut oil, so
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all-pupose flour
- pinch sea salt
= caramel popcorn
- chocolate bars
= cookies & cream
( allfrom the "glutino" company so, gf & df)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease two 9 inch round pans with coconut oil. (if you need to, cover the bottom with parchment paper)
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. remove from heat when it's melted. add in the coconut oil and mix well. then, add the eggs one by one and mix. the sugar will be following. mix. and finally, add
the flour and the salt to finish by mixing until all is combined.
- seperate the batter into both of the prepared pans and spread.
- place in the oven for 20 minutes. (check a little bit beore because it might depend on your oven)
(last step... you can start licking your lips!)
- just before assembling, whip the frosting until you obtain a whipped cream texture.
- spread the frosting with a spatula or with a piping bag. (if you want the effect that it did with me, use a piping bag)
- when the first level is done, very carefully add the second cake on top of it without pressing on the frosting layer. then, repeat the pipng process until the whole cake is covered.
- decorate as you like it before eating.
don't forget to send me pictures of your cakes when you do them! i would looove to see your recreations!