Gluten-free Apple Pie 🍎
It's apple season people!
Hello you nice peeps!
i am really excited that apple season has come to us, and that i finished a blog post for you guys to cook up these fruits into life-changing beauties!
today, my friend louise came over and we created an unexplainable perfection, out of freshly picked apples. i'm sure you'll enjoy, i wish you great tasting.
but... we didn't just cook. we filmed too! since we both are addicted fans to quick recipe videos on pinterest, we decided to make our own great inventions. in this post, you'll be able to watch in awe over the making of the best gluten-free apple pie. The making of this project, was sort of an initiation to something bigger i would want to acomplish later on; youtube videos. yep. if i would start making interactive videos of the cooking up great meals, what would you say? tell me in the comments.
the crust is from trois fois par jour, and it tastes straight out of my grandma's kitchen; the best realization in the world. copying my grandma's crust-making 👌
the inside is magic. i don't think there's any better word for this . a homemade apple sauce, transferred in a pie crust, topped with braided additional crust.... ? i mean.... need i to say more?
for the crust:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose gf flour
- 1 cup cold butter
- 4 tbsp sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp cold water
- in a food processor, blend flour, butter, sugar ans alt until you obtain a granuled texture.
- add egg yolks and water. stop when the mixture starts to form a ball.
- wrap the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
for the apple sauce:
- 8 peeled and cut apples
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- in a saucepan, simmer to medium heat apples, water, maple syrup and cinnamon and cover for about 15 minutes, until apples are tender and falling apart.
- for a more chunky apple sauce, mash with a potato masher, and for a smoother apple sauce, blend in a blender.
- preheat the oven to 375F and grease a 9 oz round pie pan with coconut oil.
- seperate the dought into two parts.
- roll one of them in a large circle with the help of flour. apply the circle on the prepared pan.
- pour applesauce in the pan.
- roll the second half of the dough in a large rectangle. slice the rectangle into long stripes. Apply the stripes by braiding it all.
- place in the oven for 25 minutes and cool for 5-10.
- on tombe dans les pommes!