Road Trip Meal Prep 🚘
Hello once again!
So, during the end of summer vacations, I went off to York, Maine. We had a great time, we slept at a walking distance from the beach and we visited little places we had been before, that pleased us even more this time. But anyways. it doesn't matter if you're going to York, to Prince Edward Island, to Washington, this post will make you happy for any destination. Today, I'm sharing a mini-meal prep to do the day before you're off.
In this blog post, you'll find snacks for on-the-way cravings, you'll find a small breakfast to start it off nicely and a nicely packed lunch, filled with goods.
It's funny because, I always take a million pictures of food and then, take another and forget bout the first. So yesterday, I went and checked on the good pics I had of blog posts I hadn't written. I had 7, not even counting all of them, eventually I didn't go to 3-4 months ago. Maybe next year... 😅
But just looking at that list, I get so so happy. One, I'm excited for you guys to get to see these great posts and see how good they are! and two, I'm kinda proud of the great pics that come with the posts.
Also, I'm happy because the content gets really diverse. Like, some are party ideas, this one's a meal prep, um, I'm getting more into suppers and meal ideas than desserts. (but, I can't lie to you, the best cakes are coming!) Aaand... well, you know my birthday was not too long ago, and I started my blog on my birthday, one year ago. So, I went to see how many posts I had published, and it was 47, I think. I mean, 47 blog posts on 52 weeks, that's pretty on point. Anyways, just bragging... 😉
Should I do a meal prep for a whole week, with like the shopping list and recipes that'll be easy for you to do, with ingredients an stuff already ready? Tell me in the comments!
so, I really do hope this post will help you guys to be more prepared for this nice trip of yours, and to make you eat healthier during that ride. cause I know it's soooo tempting to go to in-and-out fast foods when it's easier on long rides. but, eating good can also be tempting you know. And, I mean, when it comes with being instagramable, because you can put the hashtag "meal-prepping" on your posts... I mean, that's got to be the best. 😆
coconut chia berry pudding
(yep, it's the one from my like, 6th or 7th post... hehe, but in a jar)
-2 1/2 cups of coconut milk (625 ml)
-1/3 of a cup of chia seeds
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-2 tablespoons of raw honey or maple syrup
- in a bowl, mix all ingredients and distribute on 5 small mason jars. (the mini sizes) or like 3 big ones.
- top with small berries, close the lid and put in the fridge the night before going off. the next day, all you'll have to do is take them from the fridge and enjoy!
no flour peanut butter muffins
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tbsp groung flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a handful of chocolate chips (add less or more ;)
- preheat the oven to 375F and grease a muffin pan.
- place all igredinets- except chocolate- in a blender, either vitamix or a mixer. Bled until smooth and creamy.
- add chocolate and mix with a spatula. Spread mixture in the muffin cups and bake for 12-17 minutes. Cool for 5-10 minutes and place in the fridge. The next morning, take them in a tupperware, and you're ready to go!
bean & tuna mason jar salad
- cherry tomatoes
- six bean meadly mix, canned
- canned tuna
- olive oil
- black vinegar
- slice your tomatoes and cucumbers into quarters and cut your lettuce into big shreds.
- Drain and rince the beans.
- Prepare your mason jars, start by putting the tomatoes on the bottom, then the cucumber, tuna and lettuce.
- in a small vinaigrette jar, mix the vinegar and oil. So the next morning, all you'll have to do is take the two jars and sprinkle the vinaigrette when you're ready.
Also... add classics to your bag that never run old; fruit, nuts and seeds, water, kombucha, what you like!!
i hope this post was helpful to you! And don't forget to tell me if you would like a whole week meal plan in the comments below. xxxx