hello chicitas and chicos!
today. is. the. day. The Paleo Kid publishes her first homemade muffin recipe that is eatable, delicious and that contains the key elements to success: lemon + chia. I know you be jealous. but there's no reason for that, cause you can make them too!! the recipe is literally so simple and tempting, you won't dare back off from your screen without the temptation to make these. no but seriously these are bomb! they would be even better topped with whipped cream or my frosting either on the cupcake post or on the cake one.
these could be enjoyed for breakfast, cut in half and microwaved with coconut oil or as a snack, on the go or even with frosting for dessert.
I actually made these babies a while ago (like a really long time ago) and had published this pic remember? well, last weekend I actually remembered that invented recipe that I unfortunately hadn't wrote down. yep. so I kind of remembered that I had made a typical cupcake recipe with chia. and then I clicked. duuuh, it was evident this needed lemon, like, ah. so that's why the combo is so cool.
#lalabracelets (go follow these beauties: @lala__bracelets)
but yep. the recipe is simple and on the go. so I hope you're convinced by now. oh and don't forget to cook them the right time or else they won't be cooked enough. don't be shy, cook them more if needed. so here we go!
- 1 cup all-purpose gf flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch or arrowroot
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp organic sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients, in another mix the rest.
- slowly and bit by bit, add the second bowl to the first and mix well until fully incorporated. add lemon juice + zest (plus more if you want), chia and chocolate.
- divide batter into 1o (or about) muffin cups. (full)
- bake for 22-25 minutes
- cool and eat or store in an airtight container at room temperature for a week or so, or again, freeze.
The Paleo Kid xxx