Crunchy Sweet Potato Fries + Paleo Poutine
oooooooo geezies people! I literally just graduated. Like, I went out of my elementary school for the last time. can I believe it? no.
Bonne fête de la St-Jean Baptiste les québécois! Aujourd'hui, je publie une recette spécialement faite ici, mais par contre, je l'ai changé un peu, pour qu'elle soit paléo. J'espère que vous aimerez la poutine! Celle-ci est faite avec des patates douces au lieu de patates blanches et le fromage est remplacé par celui de chèvre. Bref, commentez ce que vous avez pensé de cette nouvelle version! xxx
Well, for this week's post, I wanted to share an amazing recipe I was self-encouraged to share because it was just too good. WELCOME HAPPILY, THESE CRUNCHY BBQ SWEET POTATO FRIES!!!!
Spices are essential, that's for sure. They'll add all of that nice flavor that'll make you want more. To spice it up, make it sassy, I added BBQ powder, crunched basil, Italian herbs and turmeric. Add less if you want it less spicy.
Sometimes, when I'm in a hurry, I make my sweet potatoes in a saucepan.... Let me just tell you, now that I experienced the crunchy oven fried taste, I'll never go back to that old kinda hard fry. It's also advice. Make your fries in the oven. As simple as that.
and.... did you know that I'm throwing a contest collaborating with @lala__bracelets? They are the sweetest company helping with reforestation. Basically, each time you buy a bracelet, some funds go to tree planting. So, for the contest, all you have to do is screenshot both our instagram accounts ( @lala__bracelets and @thepaleokid_ ) to put it in your insta story. Don't forget to tag us on it! This way, if you are chosen, you will win one bracelet and one of my mindfulness CD's which include 11 meditations in English and 2 in French. Some are for kids and others for all ages. For more info about mindfulness, click here. The contest will last until around the 1rst of July.
back to our fries.... These are easy to add as a side dish, or as a snack. You could even add these in your burgers. ( Come to think of it, that's a great idea! ) But what I'm most happy about is the fact that they take no time to do!
As usual, if you loooove these just as me, be sure to comment your thoughts below, share the recipe and like it. If you have any questions about this post our another one, don't bother. I'm happy to help.
ok, let's go!
- 4 sweet potatoes
- olive oil (or avocado oil)
- a dash of BBQ powder (omit if you prefer mild fries)
- a dash of italien herbs
- crunched basil
- a dash of ground turmeric
- Preheat your oven to 450F
- Cut your sweet potatoes fry-like. ( so start by cutting them in half, to end with fries) , no need to peel them.
- place your fries on a baking sheet, and space them a bit.
- Sprinkle olive oil over the fries as well as the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix and make sure every potato is covered with the spices.
- Cook for 25 minutes, checking each 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 2-5 minutes.
- Bon appétit los amigos!
to make the turmeric dip:
- mix mayo with ground turmeric and fresh onion or minced dehydrated onion.
to make these into a poutine:
- add your fries in a bowl and sprinkle feta or goat cheese on top. Since the fries are already pretty seasoned, I think this would be sufficient. Although, you could still add olive oil on top if you want, or your favorite sauce.
Hope you enjoyed!
xxxx Clara, a.k.a The Paleo Kid