Mother's Day Brunch
So Mother's Day is coming up and I can't lie to you, sometimes, it's some trouble to find what she might like. But we all love our mama's so bad, why not treat them with delicious food? Today I'll be sharing ideas for a brunch with your family and that will delight your tastes.
I'll share a simple salad recipe, an asparagus quiche recipe from Danielle Walker's Against All grain , as well as a colorful watermelon and feta salad. To finish the meal, if you have a sweet tooth that needs to eat a scrumptious dessert, don't worry, I got you!
If you're thinking about buying a gift but don't know what to buy, Cookie + Kate has some great ideas!
Here we go because I know you don't want to loose a minute to prepare your dishes!
Simple Scrambled salmon Salad
(I know, the SSSS salad. ;) )
- Chef's salad by VERTige
- Mesclun Salad
- Smoked salmon
- Scrambled eggs
- Sunflower sprouts
- Assemble the ingredients for the salad in bowl and make sure everything is mixed.
- cook the eggs and scramble them.
- In another small bowl, mix thoroughly the ingredients for the vinaigrette and apply on the salad only when ready to serve.
- Assemble the portions, put salad on the plates, add scrambled eggs, a piece or two of smoked slammed and finish with 3 sunflower sprouts.
- watermelon dices
- Feta dices
- mint leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- Assemble all the ingredients in a bowl, mix, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve!
Asparagus Quiche from Danielle walker:
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tabs cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into ribbons (optional)
- 1 cup sunflower sprouts
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease an 11 be 7-inch tart pan.
- To make the crust, combine the flour, egg, arrowroot, coconut oil, water and salt in a stand mixer including a beater attachment or use a handheld beater. Beat on medium speed until a loose dough forms.
- Place the dough in the tart pan and press it into the bottom and the sides. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is slightly golden.(It may seem about to fall apart at this point, but keep you confidence! ;) ) Remove the crust from the oven and increase the temperature to 375F.
- To prepare the filling, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and 1/2 of the lemon and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking for 2 minutes, or until the veggies are crisp-tender.
- Spread the cream at the bottom of the crust and apply on everywhere, slowly spoon out the asparagus mixture. Then crack the eggs on top, spacing them out where you want them to be. Sprinkle salt and pepper and bake for 10-12 minutes, just until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still soft.
- Remove from the oven and spread the prosciutto, sprouts and chives on the tart to finish by drizzling the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the rest of the lemon juice. Serve immediately.
- Bon appétit! Hope your mom will enjoy!
Desserts that'll make your mommy's heart glow: For sure, I had to recommend the famous s'mores pie I posted a while ago. It's the best so of course no complaints will be made. the post is here.
Voilà!! I truly hope the best for this Sunday and remember to kiss your mum this weekend and enjoy the day to the fullest. Then, comment what the family thought about it!