Homemade NUTELLA +PALEO/VEGAN+
oh... MY GOSH! Nutella is one thing, I know some find it addictive, but it isn't lactose free. And, let's just admit it, when something is homemade, it's just a thousand times better. This is why the recipe for this epic and unique Nutella was essential to the blog. So here it is, the one and only homemade chocolate and hazelnut spread!!!!
- 1 1/2 cups of roasted hazelnuts, skins removed (SEE NOTE***)
- 1/4 cup of cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- Blend together ingredients for 5 minutes, scraping down the sides occasionally, until smooth.
- Place in a small aright container. Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
*To peel of the hazelnut skin, preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the amount given of hazelnuts on slice pan with parchment paper. Cook for about 15 minutes. Then apply nuts in water (or put in dry cloth and rub) and peel skin with fingers. Don't worry too much about all of the skins being removed. The recipe won't change if you leave 1-2 skins on.
** This recipe is by Super Foods Women's Weekly.